QMAs will provide consistent high quality care by identifying resident needs and progress, and promotion of the team approach to resident care, provide support to CNAs with resident care and charting, responsible for giving medications and for the nursing care of residents, as supervised by the community nurse, believe in the values of customer-centered service, stewardship, ethical conduct and reflection, open communication and fair treatment of all residents, families and team members.
- Prepare and administer medications, apply dressings, & treatments and/or tests – all within the QMA scope of practice, in accordance with ISDH regulations and Greencroft policies.
- Remove medication from the emergency drug supply and document only upon the authorization of a licensed nurse or physician.
- Stock medication cart and count narcotics at the beginning and end of shift and at any time the medication cart exchanges hands.
- Document resident’s condition, progress, incidents and complaints as well as forwarding this
information to the community nurse. Check rewrites against current orders.
- Follow through with a program of individualized care for patients as directed by the community
- Assist with the feeding of residents.
- Assist CNAs with patient care,
- Certification as a Qualified Medication Assistant in the State of Indiana required.
- Must maintain license as required by the facility or the state.
- Familiar with nursing care aspects of Indiana Health Facilities and Medicare and Medicaid regulations.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Requires the ability to lift up to 80 pounds occasionally and up to 60 pounds frequently.
This position has occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens and other potentially
infectious materials. Adherence to universal precautions is required.
Part-time and Full-time benefit package available.
Apply by clicking below or in person at:
Greencroft Goshen Healthcare
1225 Greencroft Drive, Goshen, IN 46526
Contact Greencroft Human Resources at (574) 537-4209 with questions.
Greencroft Goshen is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification.
Your application will be kept on file for six months. If during that time you wish to be considered for another posted opening, contact Human Resources by telephone, email or in person and request that your application be submitted for the opening.