Cooks will work in a “team” atmosphere to prepare high quality meals, for our residents, team members, and visitors.
- Prepare food according to menus and standardized recipes in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Check quality of food prepared for flavor, texture, appearance, and temperature.
- Prepare food on a timely basis so that meals can be served on schedule.
- Store foods properly.
- Perform tasks on pre-prep list.
- Clean and sanitize cooking equipment and work area. Assist with dishwashing as needed.
- Promote team effort among team members.
- Experience in preparing large volumes of high quality meals
- Ability to read and follow in detail food production recipes.
- Ability to work independently while taking direction from the food service coordinators.
- Ability to practice safe food handling procedures at all times.
- Ability to become Serv Safe Certified within 6 months of employment (company paid).
- Experience in operating basic food service equipment.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. on a regular basis and 40 lbs. as needed.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Must be able to work every other week-end and holiday.
- Weekend shift pay: Additional $1.00
- AM cook full time 6:00 am – 2:30 pm
- PM cook part time 11:00 am – 7:30 pm
- Voluntary Life
- 403(b) with employer match
- PTO program
- Additional Benefits available
Contact HR with any questions, (574) 537-4209.